We have received an update regarding services in the National Coagulation Centre in light of the evolving Covid-19 situation we find ourselves in:
As we have entered the third wave of this global pandemic, we would like to thank you for your continued support and patience during this healthcare emergency.
– All routine procedures have been cancelled across the adult healthcare system until further notice.
– Patient consultations will continue either by telephone or video call. Face to face consultations will be arranged in situations – where the consultant deems it necessary.
– Phlebotomy / Blood testing will be restricted to urgent blood tests only, as determined by the NCC medical team.
– The H&H Assessment Unit (HHAU) is open to patients for urgent treatment only and this must be discussed with the NCC team before you come to St. James’s Hospital. The unit will operate from 08:30-17:00 hrs Monday – Friday only. Where possible you should attend the HHAU on your own, however, if you require assistance, a person may accompany you but may be asked to wait outside of the HHAU area until you are ready to be discharged.
– We do not have any information on the rollout of the vaccination to those in the community at present, however, if you go to the ‘COVID-19 Vaccination’ heading on the National Coagulation Centre webpage on www.stjames.ie you can access instruction for your healthcare provider on how to prepare you for COVID-19 vaccination.
The contact details remain unchanged:
For Non Clinical Queries: Queries in relation to non-clinical requests: appointments, documentation requests….
Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00
Please call (01) 4162141 / (01) 4162142
Fax: (01) 410 3570
National Coagulation Centre,
St James’s Hospital,
For non-urgent clinical queries: Monday–Friday 08:00-17:00hrs Phone (01)4103130 and leave a message with your name, hospital number and contact details
For emergency / urgent calls in relation to an active bleed or possible bleed or an urgent unplanned procedure: Please call (01) 4103000 and ask for bleep 721 or call (087)9010301 to contact our Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
Out of hours Monday – Friday 17:00 – 08:00hrs weekends and bank holidays: Please call the St James’s Hospital switchboard (01) 4103000 and ask for the ‘on call’ Haematology Senior House Officer.
If you are admitted to another hospital, ensure that the staff at that hospital are aware of your bleeding disorder and ask them to contact the team in St James’s Hospital through our contact details on the St James’s hospital website.
The situation is constantly evolving and we will endeavour to keep you informed of any changes through the I.H.S.
From all of the team in the NCC.