Youth and Junior Membership
The Society is fortunate that the children and teenagers who attend our conferences and events play an active and vital role in the organisation now and hopefully in the future. Giving the children and teenagers an opportunity to become members of the Society in their own right, would in our view give them a great sense of ownership of the organisation, and increase their participation in the organisation.
Junior Membership is available for children between the ages of 7 and 12 years, and Youth Membership is available for teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17 years.
Parents are able to sign up their child/teenagers at I.H.S. events only.
- Sense of belonging to the organisation
- Encourages involvement in the Society
- Learning about bleeding disorders
- Taking part in activities and events
- Community Spirit
Youth and Junior members will receive
A membership Pack including:
- Welcome letter
- Latest newsletter
- Membership card
- I.H.S. bookmark
- Haemophilia Heroes Workbook
- Sibling Superstars (if applicable)
- I.H.S. self-infusion reward information sheet (junior members only)
- Dental care tips leaflet
- Become a junior volunteer information sheet (youth members only)
During the year youth and junior members will also receive:
- A birthday card
- A self-infusion certificate and gift voucher for Smiths Toy Store, when you start self-infusing (junior members only)
- Educational Information