The Society offers an outreach and support service to all members living with Hepatitis C to address their specific needs.
Society staff can travel to meet members at home to ensure that they have access to all the support they require. The Society can also offer home and hospital visits and assist in dealing with medical personnel.
We also organise peer support meetings in the office. These meetings are in strict confidence and are organised on an ongoing basis.
The Society continues to make contact with all members with Hepatitis C and provide positive reinforcement for those on treatment.
The Society’s apartment facility can be provided, which is near the hepatology unit which ensures that fatigue or travel distance does not prevent completion of treatment.
We would like to establish regular contact with you and your family and to offer support and assistance as you identify your changing needs.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Keeping you informed of your entitlements under the Health Amendment Act (HAA) Card, and how these can be accessed.
- Offer support before, during and after treatment.
- Offer support and information to your partners and family on their concerns relating to hepatitis C.
- Facilitate networking between members.
- Offer support during periods of illness.
- Act as a resource for you and your family.
If you would like to talk to somebody in strict confidence about any concerns, please call the office on 01 657 9900.