Haemophilia Product Selection Monitoring Advisory Board
The Haemophilia Product Selection & Monitoring Advisory Board (HPSMAB) is a body set up by statutory instrument to advise and make recommendations to the Minister for Health on the selection of products for the treatment of haemophilia, von Willebrand’s disease and other related bleeding disorders. The HPSMAB formally advises the Minister for Health and recommends the products to use by conducting National Procurement Tender processes. The Irish Haemophilia Society has two representatives on the board.
The functions of the HPSMAB are as follows:
1. To decide on the products to be purchased on a national tender basis.
2. To ensure that products purchased meet the agreed criteria.
3. To tender, place contracts and administer contracts.
4. To monitor product delivery.
5. To put in place emergency backup procedures in relation to ongoing safety, supply and availability.
6. To monitor international developments.
7. To monitor the evolving risk of infection and take appropriate action to minimise risks.