Image of tooth

Dental Care

If you have mild haemophilia, it is fine to attend your own dentist for routine care such as check-ups, fillings, scale and polish, root canal, crowns and cosmetic work. You should inform your dentist about your bleeding disorder and advise him/her that further information is available from your Haemophilia Centre. However, should you need a tooth extraction, some deeper injections (known as an ID block), gum surgery or a dental implant, your dentist should contact your haemophilia consultant or nurse for advice as this type of treatment will usually need to be provided in a specialist centre.